About this role
Are you a capable, experienced ops practitioner with a passion towards managing and scaling infrastructure? Have you ever been on-call and had to wake up in the middle of the night to resolve a major incident? Are you ready to spread the devops gospel? If so, we invite you to hang up your on-call "pager" and travel the world to spread the word about PagerDuty.
We are looking for a technically-savvy, code-capable communicator to join our team. Your goal is to help dev and ops teams advance the practice of their craft and become more operationally mature. You'll do this through a combination of speaking, writing and coding: you'll speak about important devops topics at various conferences and trade shows; you'll author and publish a variety of useful content (articles, blog posts, videos, how-tos, etc); and you'll write code to demonstrate the power of PagerDuty's products and platform.
Write, speak about, and help invent the future of devops
- You'll collaborate with PD customers and industry thought leaders both at PD and in the broader devops community to form a deep understanding of where the future of our industry is going.
- You will help push the practice of devops forward by writing about important topics that are relevant to the devops community. You will also deliver talks about these topics at industry conferences, trade shows, meetups and other events.
- Given your background and expertise, you will play an important role in inventing and evangelizing the next big important ideas in our space.
Evangelize our products and gather product, market and competitive intelligence
- You'll champion our products in person and online by presenting at conferences, blogging, creating videos, writing technical tutorials, and a variety of other similar activities.
- You'll design and deliver product demos to customers and potential customers, working in conjunction with Sales Engineering.
- You'll represent the voice of the user back to our product team to make our products better.
- You'll stay on top of emerging trends in our market and ecosystem, you'll keep a pulse on the competition in key usage areas and markets, and you'll communicate your findings to our product team to inform our product strategy.
Code and help create an app ecosystem around PagerDuty
- You'll write sample open-source apps that extend PD's core features and are built on top of PD APIs. These sample apps will serve as examples that encourage developers to build and publish apps in our developer ecosystem.
- You'll write code samples, tools and libraries for PagerDuty APIs.
- You'll write add-ons, integrations and extensions to solve specific problems for customers.
- 4 years experience in ops, development, or another role that gives you real-world experience with devops, automation, monitoring, and incident response and resolution.
- Significant coding experience in 1-2 languages, high level of comfort writing scripts that leverage APIs.
- Passionate about groundbreaking technologies, with very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant experience presenting at technology conferences, blogging or writing technical articles with an existing follower base, or contributing to an open source project.
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top