Deal Desk Manager
Why We Need You
The Deal Desk Manager role is part of the WW revenue operations team and will be responsible for supporting the Sales and Business Development representatives in deal structuring; pricing, contract reviews and non-standard terms. This position will work collaboratively with the sales, professional services; legal and revenue recognition teams to ensure deals are structured and negotiated to comply with PagerDuty policies and processes.
How You Contribute to our Vision
- Serve as the trusted adviser to sales team on all deal related matters, advise the team on alternative contract options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closures
- Manage the day-to-day quote and pricing approvals, ensuring compliance with published sales and business approval policies.
- Assist Sales with drafting and packaging the Order Forms.
- Provide proactive support and guidance to the sales team in order to help drive new deals as well as up-sell opportunities.
- Read, interpret, and escalate contractual language to ensure transactions comply with revenue recognition and business operational policies.
- Maintain an agreed upon SLA on deal turnaround times
- Collaborate with impacted parties to identify acceptable options to facilitate deal closures
- Provide ongoing recommendations regarding the improvement of deal desk and company deal policies
- Help drive projects and initiatives focused on improving productivity and simplifying processes throughout the sales operations and sales organization.
- Deliver training to new sales people on deal approval process and ongoing refresher training.
- 3+ years previous software industry, deal desk, Finance, Operations or pricing experience preferred
- Experience with both Channel and Direct Sales model is highly desirable.
- Experience with pricing strategy
- Experience with international business preferred
- Strong foundational understanding of software revenue recognition principles required
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, and analytical with strong organizational skills.
- Extremely strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; must be able to work well with sales as well as internal departments
- Must be willing to work extended hours during end of quarters
- Experience delivering impactful training and presentations to Sales on an ongoing basis
- Ability to multitask and prioritize at times of high volume
- Salesforce experience
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top