Customer Success Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
If Elon Musk says “we’re going to Mars”, then you’re the strategic technical resource who knows the intricacies of exactly what’s involved with getting there. As the Enterprise Customer Success Engineer, you will be the primary technical point of contact for multiple enterprise customers wanting to take their operations to “Mars”. You will work alongside the Enterprise Customer Success Manager to understand your customers’ business goals and objectives, and translate those goals into clearly defined technical implementation project plans. To do this, you will apply your full breadth of product knowledge to work with customers in designing workflows and integrations that optimizes and modernizes their operations with the latest PagerDuty technology. As the technical expert on the Customer Success team, peers and customers alike will lean on you for strategic technical advice, and you will play a key role in shaping the operations of enterprise companies undergoing large, digital transformation change.
- the primary technical advisor to our customer for all things Digital Operations
- possess a deep understanding of the PagerDuty platform as a technical solution and how it fits within the larger Digital Operations workspace
- Lead discovery sessions with large, enterprise customers to assess and analyze inefficiencies in existing tooling, processes, and operations within and outside of PagerDuty
- Apply product knowledge to advise on optimal solutions for streamlining and improving tooling, processes, and operations in PagerDuty
- Develop custom PagerDuty architectural and integration designs that support customers’ business and technology initiatives while taking into account complexities and customizations in large, enterprise customer environments
- Translate architectural and integration designs into strategic implementation project plans and assist in the execution of defined project plans
- Consult on designs of custom integrations using product, API, and best practice knowledge
- Answer and triage technical questions as a customer’s primary technical point of contact
- Lead technical conversations to influence and improve product adoption while advocating general digital operations best practices
- Own and increase product adoption metrics across multiple enterprise customers at the same time
- Collaborate with Enterprise Customer Success Managers as the primary technical contact in supporting large-scale onboardings and general customer lifecycle initiatives
- Resolve escalated support tickets by collaborating and coordinating with customer support, product management, and engineering teams
- Collect and organize feature requests and prioritize them with product owners, while balancing PagerDuty’s desire to move customers along our product roadmap. Provide insight to the customer regarding our product roadmap and how the new features can be applied to their business.
- Create automation that can be used to accelerate repetitive tasks, both specifically for customers as well as for a central repository of tools for wider usage.
- 7-10 years similar experience in software/technology
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Experience implementing new systems, integrations, processes at scale
- Knack for grasping technical concepts quickly
- Keen sense and eye for technical details: you don’t like not-knowing something and are willing to go the extra mile to educate yourself and full-proof your product knowledge
- Crazy organized: ability to keep track of and balance several customer engagements that are in different customer lifecycles at the same time
- Team-player: must be able to work across multiple teams across multiple departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing product and environment
- Enthusiasm for tackling complex challenges with tactical solutions
- Willingness to contribute to the growth of the team, company, and peers along with a desire to learn and grow as an individual at a personal and professional level
- Analytical problem-solving and risk assessment skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- SQL proficiency
- Proficiency with popular SaaS or on-prem tools like ServiceNow, Jira, NewRelic, DataDog
Back to top