Chief Diversity Officer
- Flexible / Remote
PagerDuty is interviewing, onboarding, and working 100% virtually at this time. As we look to the future, we plan to be ‘distributed by design’, meaning unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a PagerDuty office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid. We’re focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific, and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
PagerDuty is a digital operations management platform that empowers the right action, when seconds matter.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
We’re growing fast and looking for ambitious people who share our values and customer devotion mindset to join our high caliber team.
Why We Need You
At PagerDuty Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity have been part of our cultural values since day one. It is part of our company DNA. From our CEO to our newest Dutonian, we take individual ownership in creating a work environment where everyone can thrive. We are excited to launch our search for a Chief Diversity Officer to help build and execute our global Inclusion and Diversity strategy for PagerDuty’s next phase of growth. You will partner closely with members of the C suite and the broader People and Places and Social Impact teams at PagerDuty. If you’re passionate about driving change, building and scaling an inclusive and equitable workforce and collaborating with a team committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity, please consider applying!
*Remote eligible opportunity and position may be filled at a higher level based on experience. Candidate must be eligible to work with any US employer*
How You Impact Our Vision
- Translating our CEO’s vision into a measurable and scalable ID&E strategy that is aligned to critical business outcomes.
- Partnering with the Talent Acquisition team to up-level our inclusive hiring strategy in order to discover, hire and nurture talent from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds
- Aligning with Talent Development to ensure our ID&E learning strategy is integrated into the Talent Development strategy and support the delivery of learning where necessary
- Supporting business leaders to drive inclusion across the entire talent lifecycle; including (but not limited to) compensation and benefits, talent management (onboarding, performance and development), employee listening (engagement and inclusion surveys) and talent acquisition
- Utilizing our people operations team to share data for storytelling and influence; Creating and reporting on metrics to business leaders, identifying trends and targeted opportunities for impact
- Working closely with our Marketing team and Office of the CEO on external public relations and events
- Partnering with PagerDuty.org, our Social Impact function, to align Inclusion, Diversity and Equity across our Social Impact programs and partnerships
- Scaling global Employee Resource Group program, providing coaching and thought partnership.
- 10+ years of ID&E experience and 15+ years overall work experience
- Demonstrates the ability to embody empathy of the lived experiences and emotions that comes with being an URPs
- Ability to manage and coach others on the external matters (i.e., social and racial injustices) and internal matters (i.e., social and racial across the business inequities)
- A relentless passion for crafting and facilitating innovative ID&E solutions and uncomfortable conversations in a hyper-growth environment
- Strong business acumen and a demonstrable track record of leading & delivering global efforts for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong program and project management and execution skills
- Business agility with a bias for action and an orientation on impact and scale
- Ability to influence at all levels across the organization including from CEO, executive leadership team, ERG Leaders, and cross-functional partner--Social impact and marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; high comfort level of presenting at an executive level; and can balance building trust, navigating challenging conversations, and employee relations.
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement plan with company match
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Company paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent
- Paid vacation time - 3 weeks accruing in first year, 4 weeks accruing every year after
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management, serving over 13,800 customers and 700,000 users in 90 countries, including 60% of the Fortune 100. Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
At PagerDuty, we believe you do your best work in a culture that fosters inclusion, well-being, and innovation. As a Dutonian, you will have ample opportunities to advance your career and connect with colleagues: virtual all hands calls, learning & development programs, bi-annual hack weeks, volunteering events, ERGs (employee-run groups focused on cultivating a sense of belonging for all) - there’s something for everyone. Learn more on Instagram, @pagerdutylife.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top