Business Value Consultant (BVC)
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our global teams work together, iterate constantly, and solve complex problems to help our 8,000+ customers deliver beautiful customer experiences powered by happy teams and healthy software. PagerDuty is a place where you can do some of the most interesting, impactful, challenging, and exciting work of your career.
This role is the first Business Value Consultant (BVC) in PagerDuty's quickly growing business. As such, we'll need a self starter who can come up with a plan and build something that makes a big difference in our revenue growth and the success of our customers. In short, the BVC will be responsible for developing the knowledge and assets required for Business Value Assessments (BVAs) and executing those BVAs with our strategic customers and prospects. A BVA is a way of quantifying the impact PagerDuty can have for our customers in terms of increased revenue, decreased costs and reduced risk. It requires excellent discovery, analysis, and communication skills at all levels of the organization.
The person taking on this challenge will:
- Learn our product, the pains we address and the value we bring to organizations.
- Enable our sales team to sell the concept of a BVA with their top prospects
- Work with our strategic customers and prospects through the process of a BVA which includes
- discovery interviews
- analytical work to build the business case for an investment in PagerDuty
- Presentation of findings to executives and key stakeholders
- As our business grows this individual will also be tasked with scaling this process across a larger volume of customers and prospects which will include enabling others with the skills required, building tools to assist in the process and helping to hire additional Business Value Consultants.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Understanding of IT Operations, Development and the challenges faced by those teams
- Experience selling the value of software solutions
- Discovery skills to identify the key pieces of information that will contribute to the business case
- Strong analytics skills and expertise in building financial models / Return on Investment (ROI) projections
- Credibility and excellent communication with technologists as well as executives
Since this is starting a new program from scratch we need someone who can think independently and make things happen. It's an incredible opportunity to help drive the growth and success of a company that's doing something special.
San Francisco Benefits
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic and open environment, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top