Why We Need You
We are seeking a talented Business Development Manager to build and lead a winning team with pipeline generation, including lead qualification and generating new business from a new and from our existing install base. The Business Development Representatives are responsible for developing and qualifying revenue opportunities within their assigned territory. They generate new business opportunities to fuel the Enterprise and Mid-Market pipeline by conducting strategic research and engaging potential customers using all forms of communication. You will play a key role as you lead/manage/inspire this highly visible and motivated team.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- Hire, Train, and Manage team of Business Development Representatives
- Develop Reps into sales-ready candidates for future Account Executive positions
- Conduct Reporting on sales activity and forecast to sales management
- Motivate the team to exceed objectives through coaching, showing results, and creative incentives
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity
- 2+ years of experience in sales management or sales development management, with a consistent proven track record of overachievement of quota expectations
- Prior closing-role experience in cloud software/services sales
- Proven record of sales success in a similar enterprise software application environment
- Proven experience successfully managing people to achieve performance goals
- Successful track record in a high volume transaction sales environment
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Must be able to thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to hire, train and motivate new sales representatives
- Related Bachelor's degree
Benefits to Get Excited About
In addition to working with great people, competitive salaries, and company equity, we also offer:
- Working with a team of deeply passionate and intelligent people
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision plan options for you and your spouse/family, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks your first year, 4 weeks afterwards), and unlimited sick days (we practice the "no sneezing at work" mantra) in addition to regular holidays
- Monthly company-wide hack days
- Catered lunch every day, and delicious breakfast on Wednesday mornings
- Tea, coffee, soda, kombucha, juice, etc, -- beverages for every mood
- Convenient office location in SoMa, easily accessible by BART, Muni, and Caltrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top