- San Francisco, CA
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
The Anaplan Administrator will hold a key role as our key Anaplan resource within Pagerduty. This position will focus heavily on managing the day to day operations of Anaplan Models by providing continuous support of the models with updates, changes and improvements, as well as building new models. This position interacts with people in both business and technical roles to create specifications and resolve issues with an eye toward continuous improvement. This position works across department and functional lines on a variety of programs that range in scope and complexity.
We're looking for an individual that is passionate and results oriented with a proven track record of on-time execution and delivery. The Anaplan System Administrator will initially partner with other members our Finance function and Commissions department to drive project execution, from discovery through closure. The ideal candidate will combine knowledge of Financial Forecasting and Financial Systems (Anaplan, Hyperion, similar cloud software, or advanced excel modeling) with experience driving solutions through project lifecycles.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Perform all Anaplan System Admin duties ranging from security updates to data transfers from model to model.
- Able to convert end user requirements into solution functionality, design modeling solutions in Anaplan for various functions (initially, Finance and Sales Commissions teams) and can write complex formulas and troubleshoot complex planning models.
- Manage month end activities to ensure that all processes are finalized on time without issues or errors.
- Liaise with IT to support inbound and outbound data integrations to Anaplan solutions.
- Manage multi-dimensional Anaplan solutions that are scalable and flexible to the end users and support the business processes.
- Manage the software development lifecycle (design, build, test) and implementation for existing and new Anaplan models.
- Stays abreast of new Anaplan functionality and all maintenance releases and how they may be applied to existing models to enhance performance, functionality and overall utility.
- Manage SOX reporting for Anaplan SOC1 annual reporting guidelines
- Educate other stakeholders on Anaplan architecture, functionality, business benefits and any limitations
- Maintain a network of peers for support. The Administrator needs to meet and engage with Anaplan stakeholders within FP&A, Accounting, Sales Operations and IT to gather requirements and feedback associated with complex issues/requirements.
- Special project support in streamlining and enhancing functionality of existing models as assigned by the Senior Manager and VP, Finance or the Commissions Manager.
- Experience with system design, testing, implementation, and end user support/training
- 4 + years of experience with EPM solutions. 2+ years experience with Anaplan required.
- 4 + years of advanced modeling experience.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Ability to balance multiple projects and competing priorities
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Agile implementation experience preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task; an independent / flexible problem solver who can cope positively with changes in the work environment.
- Ability to respond and prioritize effectively while meeting deadlines.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top