Accounts Payable Lead
Accounts Payable Lead
Why We Need You
PagerDuty is building out its global Accounting and Finance function and is looking to recruit an experienced accounts payable professional for the newly created position of Accounts Payable Lead. We are looking for someone who will support the finance department by owning our company's global accounts payable function. The Accounts Payable Lead will be responsible for increasing efficiency and accuracy in our accounts payable process by leveraging our current processes and ensuring best practices as we implement new systems and tools. This will start as an individual contributor role that will evolve as the company grows.
- Own the global accounts payable cycle
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to input
- Obtain appropriate approvals/signatures
- Ensure appropriate vendor onboarding and setup
- Act as a liaison between internal business users and vendors
- Answer vendor inquiries in an efficient and courteous manner
- Maintain accounts payable reports and files
- Enter new data into Bill.com - moving to NetSuite fall-2018
- Reconcile and analyze accounts, as required
- Assist with cash forecasting
- Lead the annual tax filings on form 1099
- Review and process expense reports in Expensify
- Ad hoc reporting, as required
- Act as backup to our payroll team
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Attributes
- Detail oriented, with excellent organization and process improvement skills
- Strong mathematical skills and general technical savviness
- Ability to maintain systems and data / data entry accuracy
- Structured thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrated self-starter, who can work as part of a team or individually on projects
- Ability to respond and prioritize while meeting deadlines.
- Self Starter who is looking for ways to improve internal processes and procedures
- 4+ years' experience with full cycle accounts payable and expense reports
- Working knowledge of systems and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experienced Excel, Word and PowerPoint user
- Experience with accounts payable systems such as Bill.com, NetSuite and/or Oracle
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally to all levels of the company and with external vendors
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Experience in the tech or comparable industry with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub - accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com . Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter , LinkedIn , YouTube and Facebook .
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top