Why We Need You
PagerDuty is looking for a highly motivated and technically savvy Accounting Manager. We are looking for someone who can collaborate and communicate cross-functionally, who is detail-oriented and possesses strong interpersonal communication skills as you'll be interacting with a variety of stakeholders, both within and outside of PagerDuty.
How You Contribute to our Vision
- Ensure that detailed accounting documentation is compiled and maintained in support of relevant legal, regulatory, and audit requirements.
- Manage the month end close cycle, including re-engineering applicable processes and controls to achieve a high speed, real time close through best in class practices.
- Ensure all balance sheet activities are reconciled monthly
- Prepare, review and post general journal entries
- Responsible for managing consolidation of multiple foreign entities
- Oversight on all international entity accounting including cost plus accounting, interco settlements.
- Proactively work to ensure accuracy and consistency with coding of expenses; help manage AP, Accruals, and Expense Reimbursement Processes
- Review and audit employee expense reports for reimbursement
- Research and respond to vendor and internal inquiries
- Oversee and assist with systems, processes and controls AP, AR, and consolidations
- Ensure the publishing of accurate and timely financial data to business partners, including timely analysis and communication of budget-to- actual variances and
- executive reporting.
- Manage operational data to ensure data integrity and accuracy, as well as enhancing speed and reliability of financial reporting.
- Take a key role in balance sheet and cash-flow forecasting as part of the monthly close process.
- Monthly financial reporting, analysis and KPI reporting related to PagerDuty's ongoing business activities
- Create and implement scalable processes, policies and internal controls across various revenue, expense and balance sheet account activities
- Research and apply technical accounting principles to complex transactions
- Work with external audit and tax specialists on various aspects of year-end audit requirements and statutory tax reporting requirements
- Assist with projects as they arise - including ERP and other system implementation
- Minimum 5 years of Accounting experience, 2+ years of Accounting experience at a startup preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Emergent leadership style; intellectual humility (ability to learn.)
- Collaborative communication style, able to work effectively with people from a wide variety of cultures, utilizing strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and personalities simultaneously. Strong drive and great work ethic. Get it done attitude.
- Comfortable in startup and public company environments, wearing multiple hats and adjusting priorities as the business evolves. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial, creative and innovative
- Consolidations and external reporting experience
- A positive attitude, personal integrity, discretion and candor; adaptable and flexible
- Ability to make things happen with minimal supervision
- Managerial experience a plus
- ERP system experience. Experience with NetSuite or similar system, a plus.
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily, breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, 'risk, fail, learn' attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PagerDuty's Employees
Managing three teams of engineers—the Front-End UI Team, the Mobile Team, and the Platform Team—Sweta balances her focus between people management, career growth for her engineers, and advancing business goals.
Back to top