This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc., a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
- Sets up and operates one or more single or multiple spindle horizontal winding machines to ensure all products meets all quality and company specifications before shipment by performing the following duties:
- Follows all plant safety policies & procedures
- Participates in safety programs
- Reads production schedule, work instructions, or customer specifications to determine product specifications.
- Attaches specified chuck to spindle.
- Moves controls and stops to set rotation speeds.
- Lifts chuck using hoist or lift table and positions and secures it in spindle.
- Starts machine, and moves controls to adjust positions and movements during machine operation.
- Verifies conformance of finished product to specifications.
- Decides on station and timing of each operation to assure efficient use of tools and time.
- Computes such data as shipping pounds, WIP pounds, and scrap pounds.
- Sets up changeovers for sheet width and roll widths.
- Insures correct tools and resources are used to complete any job
- Performs lockout procedures when required and insures procedures are followed correctly.
- Insure proper cleaning of coater and process equipment as needed/required.
- Insure the cleanliness of area from end of tenter to back of winders to maintain a safe and efficient work area.
- Insures production reports are written neatly, timely, and accurately.
- Insures roll handling and packaging is optimal and meets specifications.
- Insure any and all defects in the sheet are reported to the operator.
- Communicate effectively with OPS Operator.
- Member of the production help chain.
- Assists in PMs.
- Operates a walkie.
- Assists with web breaks / start ups / grinding / etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!