Warehouse and Materials Manager
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Safely and effectively manages material usage for the thermoforming & Extrusion operation by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
- Manages regrind inventory
- Directs workflow of material handler and temporary help
- Monitors standard procedures and implements new procedure when needed to ensure that the overall operations runs effectively
- Develops and implements cost effective distribution practices, including effective utilization of labor, maximization of workflow and utilization of raw materials
- Responsible for safety if all the employees within the department
- Accurately completes all warehouse, distribution and inventory related reports
- Assesses training needs and administers training as necessary
- Conducts shift meeting as required
- Communicates and coordinates efforts across multiple departments
- Evaluates employee performance and conducts counseling sessions and or disciplines as needed; conducts in terviews; monitors attendance of the department; schedules vacations
- Handles and resolves employee conflicts
- Follows all company established rules and policies
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensures housekeeping in area(s) of responsibility is safe, clean and to standard
- BA/BS degree preferred in business, operations management, logistics or engineering.
- 4+ years’ experience in production planning, scheduling, inventory control, manufacturing or distribution operations in a multi-facility environment.
- SAP, Manugistics and Microsoft database products proficiency required.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills. APICS certification preferred.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top