This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Engineer and design new tooling primarily for thermoforming plants (tableware, takeout containers, meat trays, etc.), secondarily for molded fiber plants (egg cartons, etc.)
- Design tooling using 3D modeling software, while embracing continuous improvement and innovation to improve operational efficiency
- Provides basic electrical or mechanical technical support to engineering or manufacturing in the development, analysis, and maintenance of processes, products, or equipment
- Assist Tooling Manager with continuous improvement of tool design standards and standard parts
- Support legacy molded fiber tooling in all MF locations
- Support legacy foam tooling in all foam producing locations
- Initiate required up-front interaction with the Product Development team and the plants to ensure functional tooling designs for manufacturability and platform compatibility
- Assist Tooling Manager with preparation of documentation for bidding process
- Interact with external and internal machine shops and vendors throughout design and build phases. May need to manage individual tooling builds.
- Produce excellent and complete documentation in the tooling database for every tool designed and built
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with 1-2 years of mechanical design experience OR 2 year technical degree with minimum of 5 years of experience in thermoforming tooling design/engineering experience OR Minimum of 7 years applicable tooling design/engineering experience in the thermoforming and/or molded fiber packaging industry
- Must have expert solid design and solid assembly proficiency in either Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor.
- Proficiency in both CAD platforms is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High analytical / problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate technical concepts with a positive and professional presence within the organization and with outside vendors
- Proficiency required in Word, Excel, and SAP
- Some travel for startups of new tooling, 10-20%
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P” #LI-TM1
Back to top