Tool Room Mechanic
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
The Tool Room Mechanic will report directly to the Maintenance Team Lead. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Check, clean, maintain and repair tooling materials in accordance with company standards.
- Must follow a detailed schedule.
- Must be able to operator a wide variety of hand tools.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
- Perform other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned.
- Communicates problems encountered throughout the shift and report carry-over items at tier 1 meeting.
Education and Other Skill Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Minimum 2 years industrial maintenance experience
- Excellent mechanical skills and manufacturing practices
- Experience working with hand tools, forklift, micrometer, dial indicators and other close tolerance devices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #ZR “IND1P”
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top