This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Accurately use shop work order tracking system to log time to projects.
- Set up and operate micro drill presses to drill small ventilation holes in cavity components.
- Polish machine marks from flat and contoured surfaces of tooling components using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or die grinders.
- Use precision measuring instruments such as calipers and micrometers as necessary for task set up and component verification.
- Inspect finished parts for surface finish, contour conformity, and defects.
- Assist in assembly and/or packaging for shipment of machined tooling components.
- Work with minimal supervision in the assigned work cell and communicate with the team to escalate problems if needed according to the existing procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to follow detailed directions accurately.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude is essential.
- Advanced math skills (Algebra, Geometry) are required to perform necessary job functions.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret CAD drawings, sketches and verbal instructions as necessary for completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as working with others effectively as a part of a team is essential.
- Good verbal & interpersonal communication skills; ability to work well in group situations; ability to deal effectively with conflict in mature & consistent manner.
- Ability to learn and expand capabilities
- Flexibility to work overtime and off shifts as business needs dictate.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!