- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Accurately use shop work order tracking system to log time to projects.
- Set up and operate micro drill presses to drill small ventilation holes in cavity components.
- Polish machine marks from flat and contoured surfaces of tooling components using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or die grinders.
- Use precision measuring instruments such as calipers and micrometers as necessary for task set up and component verification.
- Inspect finished parts for surface finish, contour conformity, and defects.
- Work with minimal supervision in the assigned work cell and communicate with the team to escalade problems if needed according to the existing procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to follow detailed directions accurately.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude is essential.
- Advanced math skills are required to perform necessary job functions.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret CAD drawings, sketches and verbal instructions as necessary for completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as working with others effectively as a part of a team is essential.
- Good verbal & interpersonal communication skills; ability to work well in group situations; ability to deal effectively with conflict in mature & consistent manner.
- Flexibility to work overtime and off shifts as business needs dictate.
Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top