This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Summary: Thermoforming operators are responsible for operating thermoforming machines throughout the shift, assisting others to meet production goals according to customer specifications, and maintaining a safe work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall continuing manufacturing process.
- Accurately reads and operates machine’s computer console.
- Sets up and installs mold bases.
- Uses measurement instruments to check work.
- Makes adjustments and notifies Tooling personnel of the need for more complex machine adjustments.
- Removes parts from the press.
- Loads and removes inserts in the mold (change over) and inspects parts.
- When necessary, performs the same duties as other production employees and packers.
- Packs plastic containers and lids of various sizes into sleeves and boxes.
- Grinds scrap material out of sleeves.
- Performs other duties as required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess a high school diploma or equivalent; technical degree preferred.
- Must be reliable, detail oriented, and self-driven with the ability to multitask while meeting deadlines.
- Prior experience working with thermoformers and/or in the plastics industry is preferred.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following "IND1P" #ZR #CB1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top