Thermoformer Operator Assistant
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
- Assist operator with crew personnel & provides direction to other crew members under the direction of the operator.
- Helps and instructs crew to obtain best possible machine operation to produce a quality product safely.
- Participate in training new thermoformer personnel as required.
- Assist Operator with make-ready setup, making adjustments/troubleshoots & runs the thermoformer & case packing process within customer specifications with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Regulates speed for maximum quantity at highest quality.
- Performs machine clean-ups and preventative maintenance per procedures and checklists.
- Responsible for keeping lid tooling clean, separated, organized and in good condition.
- Recommends machine/area improvements that lead to better production utilization.
- Relieves crew members of their duties during break periods.
- Assists in setting up c-fold rolls on bagger.
- Operates grinders to run styrene trim waste through to create regrind.
- Uses forklift to move regrind boxes and load regrind trucks.
- Performs quality checks on lids including but not limited to checking incoming material, checking mold bases, styrene consumption, bag counts, lid fit, cup trim, lid caliper, lid detail, straw slot, etc. according to established procedure.
- Completes production, quality & crewing reports.
- Reads & understands a job jacket. Uses information to ensure production is run according to specifications.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
- Basic understanding of machinery.
- Ability to use hand tools to remove, install, and adjust parts of machine.
- Ability to perform simple calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and applies good mathematical reasoning.
- Ability to take and interpret measurements from a tape measure, caliper and dial indicators.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to read, understand, and apply S.W.I.S.
- Positive work attitude and willingness to cooperate.
- Required to stand to perform all duties of the job.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top