This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
The Team Leader will guide the overall department's mission in safety, productivity, quality, operations, continuous improvement, lean initiatives, and team effectiveness. Process metrics will be used as guidelines to chart, track, and measured team performance. The Team Leader will guide the work team’s efforts in continuous improvement. This position will be required to work overtime. Job responsibilities for this position description are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Productivity – Team Leaders will direct team efforts to improve line efficiency, reduce downtime, and reduce scrap. Responsible for ensuring standard work practices are followed as it relates to equipment usage, line conditions, and run rules.
- Operations – Team Leader will coordinate team resources to ensure lines are manned properly, resources are used effectively, and opportunities for improvement are recommended and implemented. Will also be responsible for maintaining accurate time and attendance entries.
- Safety - Team Leader directs team efforts in meeting safety goals & maintaining a safe work environment. Responsible to ensure adherence to safe practices and procedures, PPE guidelines and housekeeping/GMP requirements. Must timely / thoroughly report all incidents/accidents & recommends improvements.
- Quality –Team Leader will direct quality efforts for the team. Ensure quality checks are done in accordance to specifications. Ensure quality checklists are completed during shift start and changeovers. Perform consistent visual checks for quality.
- Lean Initiatives – TLs take leadership role ensuring all Lean initiatives comply with and meet corporate / plant objectives, & enhance team participation & success on a continuing basis. Must learn to effectively use, train others to use, and ensure compliance with all Lean problem solving tools, matrix, and tracking.
- Continuous Improvement – Using process matrix, Team Leader tracks, measures individual / team performance and direct team’s efforts towards continuous improvement in all categories. TL is responsible to assist Unit Mgr. and Production Supervisors with development of all team members’ performance and skill sets.
- Team Effectiveness – Team Leaders will direct team efforts through utilization of effective “team building” and “development” skill sets. The focus will be on following effective problem solving techniques, effective conflict resolution, effective interaction skills (with direct reports, peers, company mgmt., etc.), and effective process improvement procedures. Responsible for ensuring individual and team accountability, participation, and involvement. Proactively and effectively administers job performance / job behavior based coaching, counseling as appropriate and necessary.
- Development of Computer skills and Written / Verbal Communication skills will be required.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Minimum certification to apply.
- Must be able to be certified & effectively perform required duties (in job description) within 90 days of assignment.
- Be able to adjust hours / shifts for all required & assigned skills training, and assist with tasks.
- Must meet eligibility requirements of Job Opportunity Policy.
Must be computer literate and competent in MS Word and Excel in addition to being able to quickly and efficiently learn other software applications as business needs dictate.
- Must have relevant work experience and skills to apply.
- May be a delay to shift assignment dependent upon filling of other vacancies.
- Team Leader may be offered position on a different team. Training may occur on different shifts/teams.
- Must attend & successfully complete all required training and be certified within the set timeframe.
- After 90 day introductory period, should demotion occur (voluntary or involuntary), candidate subsequent position assignment & pay compensation is subject to plant related policy.
- An employee will not be considered for a position if he/she:
- Is on performance improvement plan, warning or other method of performance improvement for the past 12 months. And/or
- Has 8 or more attendance incidents in the last twelve months period.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top