This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions.
Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
- The primary function of the Team Leader is to manage available resources in order to manufacture products meeting the customers’ requirements. Team Leaders manage approximately 20 employees in various departments (including temporary workers) providing leadership, problem solving, asset utilization, and technical assistance to achieve safety, quality, cost, and productivity goals.
- Manage and audit standard work practices for all team members in order to achieve production goals, facilitate the production process, anticipate problems, and respond appropriately to process issues.
- Effectively utilize labor by scheduling resources and achieving direct labor targets.
- Coordinate and monitor safety activities and initiatives for the team. Facilitate safety initiatives and provide for a safe workplace by identifying and correcting potential hazards.
- Ensures that all quality activities are performed in accordance with best practices and prescribed specifications.
- Develops strategies and goals for the team and individual members to drive performance improvements in all areas of manufacturing, including safety, quality, costs, and productivity.
- Responsible for addressing and managing team and individual performance issues, conflicts, and policy issues.
- Train and/or certify team members in the safe and productive operations of all plant equipment.
- Effectively troubleshoot routine to mechanical and process problems.
- Responsible for departmental compliance with applicable EH&S Regulations, Product Safety & Quality and GMP compliance.
- High School education. Additional college or technical schooling preferred.
- At least 2 to 4 years’ experience leading a team in a manufacturing environment. 4 to 6 years experience in manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to provide professional and thorough written documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage personnel activities through effective coaching skills and strong leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated core competencies in math, math calculations, and data analysis.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated abilities in Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with working knowledge of office suite software and SAP preferred.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1 "IND1P" #ZR
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top