- Kinston, NC
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
- Directly manage 1-4 employees on a shift.
- Support warehouse personnel by providing appropriate resources as needed, when needed.
- Create and maintain an organized and structured warehouse environment.
- Work with department supervisors and Supply Chain Manager to monitor and use labor effectively to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Utilize the SAP system to maintain an accurate account of all warehouse inventory.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Manager to establish and maintain inventory cycle count program.
- Conduct daily shift meetings with warehouse staff.
- Ensure housekeeping/safety standards are maintained in all warehouse areas.
- Enforce plant and departmental rules and regulations.
- Lead weekly warehouse 5S efforts, including audits and corrective actions.
- Effectively communicate personnel, equipment and inventory issues to Supply Chain Manager.
- Ability and willingness to operate lift trucks as necessary.
- Performs other related duties that contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by manager.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Three to five years of previous logistics experience required, preferably in a warehouse or shipping environment. Previous forklift experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in basic computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient with SAP operating system.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and management.
- Ability to provide consistent leadership, direction, expectations and discipline.
- Ability to set high expectations while continuing to motivate employees to excel.
- Capability to remain rational and respond appropriately in stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Possess the confidence and ability to handle an entire warehouse crew without additional supervision.
- Maintain safe working environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- During summer months, employee may have to work in temperatures as high as 110 degrees for prolonged periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
- Frequently use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls.
- The employee is frequently required to talk and hear to communicate with coworkers.
- Regularly required to climb, stoop, bend and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to push or pull with hands or arms, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and the ability to distinguish shades and colors.
- Required to wear steel toed shoes, safety glasses and ear plugs in the manufacturing area.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top