Supply Chain Planning Manager
Supply Chain Planning Manager
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
This position will be responsible for the development and deployment of an optimized Distribution Center resource and execution plan. Inventory, reporting, and all planning functions will report to this role. The Supply Chain Planning Manager will manage the daily, weekly, and monthly plans that manage resource capacity, optimize warehouse layout, and directs inbound and outbound shipments, all while ensuring that all customer orders are shipped based on priority without compromising Customer Service Levels.
- To Utilize the Warehouse Management System functionalities to ensure volume, customer service, inventory and operating expense goals are achieved through creation, communication and implementation of division wide monthly sales and operations plans
- Works closely with customer service, transportation, inventory control, engineering, and site operations to ensure that operations and resource plans meet site KPI targets. Confirms that plans are being executed efficiently, and adjusts as needed
- Maximizes the use of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV), and other automation capabilities as part of the operational resource plan
- Analyze, coordinate and recommend action on capacity expansion in conjunction with engineering, manufacturing, and marketing personnel
- Lead analysis, implementation, and reporting of Lean Enterprise initiatives
- Drives innovation and Continuous Improvement at the site, is a champion of Change Management to support operational improvements
- Analyzes and configures warehouse, facility and dock layout to develop efficient picking and movement strategies based on customer requirements
- Develops & ensures execution of yard, inbound, and outbound shipment plans to maximize operational efficiency
- Is a Subject Matter Expert on the WMS system, and is able to route and resolve system issues quickly
- BA/BS degree preferred in business, operations management, logistics or engineering.
- 7+ years’ experience in order management, production planning, scheduling, inventory control, manufacturing or distribution operations in a multi-facility environment. APICS Certification preferred
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS); JDA (Red Prairie) a plus
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP); SAP a plus
- High analytical ability and advanced Excel reporting skills
- Self-Directed & demonstrates the ability to proactively identify and resolve discrepancies or potential issues
- Must have strong organization skills and be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work responsibilities with sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem identification & follow through to issue resolution
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with a variety of individuals.
- Demonstrates an understanding of automated distribution
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top