Supply Chain Operations Manager
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen.
This position will be the general manager for the warehouse / distribution facility. They will be responsible for the operation of the facility including its financial results, customer delivery, safety, quality, equipment, inventory, labor, and productivity. They must drive results within their operation through staff development, cost savings and throughput, and effective leadership while exceeding customer requirements.
- Manage site financials, provide monthly cost forecasts, understand site variances, inform stake holders of site financial performance
- Provide leadership & employee engagement for all employees at facility
- Ensures facility has appropriate staffing to execute operations plan
- Ensures safety in the workspace by conducting safety audits & safety observations, documents and addresses root cause of incidents and near misses, encourages a safety orientated culture throughout the facility
- Lead Tier 2, Tier 3 & Tier 4 meetings, ensuring standard work is followed, and all issues and problems are resolved or routed appropriately
- Partners with Supply Chain Planning Manager to ensure efficient execution of the operations plan
- Provides leadership and input in the development of policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control
- Understands the cost drivers at the site, and works to minimize and reduce costs without sacrificing quality or customer deliveries
- Point of escalation for any problems, issues or adjustments as required to complete the operations plan and ensure on time customer shipments
- Monitors site KPIs and works with team to resolve any shortfalls, and create corrective actions
- Liaison to senior leadership, manufacturing facility, & corporate support staff
- Drives innovation and Continuous Improvement at the site, is a champion of Change Management to support operational improvements
- Maintains appropriate records and prepares reports
- Ensures Automatic Guided Vehicle (AGV) tasking and usage to maximize productivity
- BA/BS Degree Preferred in logistics or related field
- 5+ years of management experience in Distribution/Warehouse Logistics
- Proven success in improving Warehouse performance
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS); JDA (Red Prairie) a plus
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP); SAP a plus
- Self-Directed & demonstrates the ability to proactively identify and resolve discrepancies or potential issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail orientated, with high analytical ability
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Excellent problem identification & follow through to issue resolution
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with a variety of individuals.
- Demonstrates an understanding of automated distribution
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. #CB1 "IND1P" #LI-TM1