Supervisor, General Accounting
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Responsible for general, SG&A, risk management, and hedge accounting (or any combination there in) as well as reporting. Works to optimizing the accounting processes, activities, and performance globally.
- Manages the performance of 2-3 direct reports by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing feedback and guidance, and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
- Understands and designs complex accounting processes, policies and procedures.
- Manages month-end/quarter end close.
- Manages tight deadlines for close and reporting purposes.
- Manages and reconciles gross to net (GTN) for US & International BU’s.
- Ensures monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts are accurate, submitted in a timely fashion, and fully supported with proper documentation.
- Reviews global processes to ensure proper internal controls, harmonization of processes, and maximize efficiencies. Analyzes, develops, and implements process improvements to global accounting processes.
- Provides support schedules and reporting monthly as well as on an ad hoc basis as required.
- Ensures reporting coming out of the department is accurate and timely.
- Supports the acquisition integration team to ensure proper and smooth integration of accounts in to the corporate systems when applicable.
- Provides support for audits and special projects.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance - preferred
- MBA highly preferred.
- CPA required
- 8 plus years previous accounting experience in corporate accounting environment required.
- Must possess a deep understanding of general accounting as well as technical accounting proficiencies or the proclivity to gather such intelligence quickly and accurately. This is a very hands-on position that is directly responsible for GTN and has direct purview over SG&A as well as other general accounting responsibilities.
- Have comfort in nuts & bolts accounting as this is a roll up the sleeves supervisory position.
- Be able to analyze gross amounts of data and understand what the transactions represent.
- Demonstrated experience with general accounting, ERP systems (SAP), reporting packages (HFM) and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels including Controllers, Managers and third party vendors.
- Must have advanced analytical, problem solving, decision making, and be detail-oriented.
- Must exercise sound judgment, have the drive and self-initiative to take calculated risks and provide risk/return recommendations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule especially during key reporting deadline periods.
- Must be dependable and confidential in approach to all business matters.
- Team minded an absolute requirement.
- Business experience in SAP and/or Oracle preferred.
- IFRS experience.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #CB1 "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top