Supervisor, General Accounting
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Responsible for general, SG&A, risk management, and hedge accounting (or any combination there in) as well as reporting. Works to optimizing the accounting processes, activities, and performance globally.
- Manages the performance of 1-3 direct reports by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing feedback and guidance, and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
- Manage month-end/quarter end close.
- Manage tight deadlines for close and reporting purposes.
- Ensure monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts are accurate, submitted in a timely fashion, and fully supported with proper documentation.
- Reviews global processes to ensure proper internal controls, harmonization of processes, and maximize efficiencies. Analyzes, develops, and implements process improvements to global accounting processes.
- Supports the acquisition integration team to ensure proper and smooth integration of accounts in to the corporate systems when applicable.
- Provides support for audits and special projects.
- BS/BA in Accounting preferred
- 7 plus years previous accounting experience in corporate accounting environment required.
- Have comfort in nuts & bolts accounting.
- Be able to analyze gross amounts of data and understand what the transactions represent.
- Demonstrated experience with general accounting, ERP systems (SAP), reporting packages (HFM) and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels including Controllers, Managers and third party vendors.
- Must have advanced analytical, problem solving, decision making, and be detail-oriented.
- Must exercise sound judgment, have the drive and self-initiative to take calculated risks and provide risk/return recommendations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key reporting deadlines.
- Must be dependable and confidential in approach to all business matters.
- CPA preferred
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #CB3 "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Back to top