Store Room Clerk
- Bourbonnais, IL
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Purchases parts and supplies required to maintain daily operations in support of our Maintenance team. Manages inventory of parts, supplies and information, using various computer and physical filing systems. Has working knowledge of parts, equipment and systems.
- Continually checks and researches vendor pricing to assure best possible price.
- Performs data entry into various computer systems for the purpose of tracking and storing information vital to operations, Manages inventory of shop parts, equipment & materials. Uses tools to maintain inventory levels such as max/min lists, economic order quantities, automatic delivery, etc.
- Performs minor repairs of parts or equipment
- Ability to precisely measure various parts/materials for the purpose of verifying, comparing, or ordering new parts.
- Computer literate with good communication and telephone skills. Ability to use Internet/Intranet for communication, purchasing & research.
- Performs general housekeeping duties to keep Maintenance Dept. neat and orderly.
- Maintains Maintenance Dept. files, PM’s, time sheets, work orders, manuals, purchasing and general information.
- Researches new & better methods for purchasing, parts, materials, procedures, etc., for the purpose of reducing operating costs.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor/Plant Engineer, as required.
- Coordinates deliveries, shipments, pick-ups & disposal of parts, equipment, material, and waste.
- Assists with maintaining MSDS, Sara 311, other environmental information requirements.
- Maintains database of phone numbers for maintenance department.
- Previous related experience is preferred.
- Understanding of mechanical systems preferred.
- Computer literacy with ability to use or learn MS Word, Excel, Outlook, SAP and other programs essential to the efficient operation of the department.
- Excellent organizational skills with experience with inventory management desired vendors & suppliers.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
"IND1P" #CB1 #ZR
Back to top