Sr. Process Engineer - Plastic Cups
- Corsicana, TX
Sr. Engineer – Plastic Cups
Supervise and be an individual contributor as needed for Pactiv’s Plastic Cup process engineering needs. This includes development and coordination of best practice and manufacturing standardization.
This position is based in Corsicana, TX.
Relocation assistance is available
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
- Lead Engineering support for Corsicana Plastic Cups expansion to include Plastic extrusion, plastic cup forming and cup printing.
- Establishes, coordinates and directs Plastic cup production and printing process-improvement initiatives involving new methods, equipment and materials. Defines specification standards accordingly. (20%)
- Monitors equipment condition to maintain necessary performance levels with the plant teams. Directs and coordinates predictive and preventive maintenance Check & Adjust with the plant engineers and tech managers. (15%)
- Provides technical operations support for cup and printing manufacturing problems. Develops and leads process-improvement initiatives to address specific issues as they arise. (20%)
- Develops OEE and Quality improvement plans with the plant Cup and Printing teams to meet Pactiv targets. Serves as the central conduit for associated information designed to improve quality and productivity. (20%)
- Supports materials innovation and savings via internal and external resources in substitution, alternative coatings and processing. Collaborates with Design and Manufacturing to drive engineered scrap and productivity opportunities. (5%)
- Coordinates and delivers training methods and capabilities including machinery, process, technique, safety, quality and productivity training. Provides “OJT” for tools, techniques and methods as necessary. (15%)
- Monitors the new and used equipment markets to maintain and research innovations and opportunities with vendors, equipment manufacturers, suppliers, and technical and trade associations. (5%)
- Bachelor’s in Engineering – Strongly preferred
- 8+ years of plant experience in technical and management roles - well versed in all facets of plant operations and maintenance with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Desired: Technical experience to include successful process support and working/hands-on knowledge of plastic cup printing and forming
- Required: Technical experience to include process support and working/hands-on knowledge of plastic extrusion and thermoforming at large scale
- Demonstrated collaborative ability in dynamic organizational environments.
- ACAD proficiency a plus.
- Strong analytical skills using standard software packages such as Excel and maintenance work order systems to identify opportunities and validate holding improvement gains.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
LI-TM1 "IND1P" #CB1
Back to top