Sr. Packaging Engineer
Senior Packaging Engineer
POSITION SUMMARY: The Packaging Engineer is responsible for primary and secondary packaging material development, testing, and specifications for the assigned value stream and/or projects. Project management skills and the ability to interact with multiple manufacturing plants and corporate personnel will be necessary to succeed in this position.
Previous NPD experience with foam and film is desirable.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
This position is based in our Bedford Park, IL Tech Center.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Lead major innovation and cost savings projects as well lead scoping exercises to understand proposed projects feasibility
- Timely packaging engineering support for development and ongoing production of all packaging materials related to the manufacturing of products
- Support growth objectives with new packaging designs, cost effective packaging and new technology
- Develop packaging specifications, material alternatives, engineering change orders and cost estimates
- Collect data, interpret results, qualify new materials, formulate and then communicate recommendations to influence business decisions and solve problems
- Assist in driving improvements throughout supply chain
- Reduce costs with improvements in packaging to reduce material costs and improve manufacturing converting processes
- Provide technical support to procurement for vendor management initiatives
- B.S. degree in Packaging Engineering required
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to work with cross functional groups, teams, and accommodate changing business priorities.
- Must have excellent time management and professional communication skills.
- Self-directed and uses judgment to proactively seek guidance from management or update status to management.
- Ability to resolve problems without delay and/or to seek managerial intervention and operate under, time-sensitive deadlines.
- Must be proficient with TOPS/CAPE & Microsoft Office programs including Word, Power Point, and Excel.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. #LI-TM1 "IND1P"
Back to top