Sr. Maintenance Specialist/Automation
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- The automation technician is responsible for safety and effectively setting up equipment to meet all operational goals and objectives.
- Equipment setup and related setup documentation of conveyors, rimming equipment, counter/bagger, shrink wrapping equipment, box tapers and printing equipment
- Evaluate and implement preventive/predictive maintenance programs on A.C. and D.C. motors, drives and other electrical equipment. Determine and implement needed changes to procedures. Train affected maintenance personnel in procedural upgrades.
- Evaluate and implement preventive/predictive maintenance programs on mechanical equipment. Determine and implement needed changes to procedures. Train affected maintenance and operation personnel in procedural upgrades.
- Troubleshoot difficult maintenance problems that occur throughout the plant with a major emphasis on electrical problems, to include A.C. and D.C. drives, PLC (programmable logic controllers) as well as basic motor control circuits
- Complete new project installations by working with engineering and maintenance teams to lay out and execute electrical training programs for maintenance personnel. This is to include preparation of lesson plans technical aspects of all plant equipment (electrical and controls) and the presentation of the material in a classroom and on the job environment.
- Provide working database of backup for all programmable control systems.
- Equipment breakdowns -
Respond to production calls
Tracks work performed on daily log sheet
Notify and correct all safety concerns
Available for providing technical support after normal business hours
- Follow all Company established rules and policies. Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Complete all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure housekeeping in areas of responsibility is safe, clean and tidy
- Perform all other tasks as assigned
- Two-year Mechanical/Electrical degree such as automation, electronics technology, electro- mechanical technology, etc. or 3-5 years' industrial maintenance experience and mechanical knowledge.
- Technical school certificate or diploma in a specific work-related area,. and a minimum of two years of work-related experience is preferred.
- Must have Computer literacy.
- Highly organized, problem solver, able to handle multiple tasks and strong sense of urgency.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with people at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Must be aware of all hazards, must work in safe manner by applying knowledge of safety rule guidelines and follow all precautions including the lock-out/tag-out procedures including arc flash compliance, NFPA 70E.
- Must be self-starter and must demonstrate the initiative to manage projects and solve problems. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of electrical and electronic theory, ability to read schematics (electrical, mechanical/piping), P&ID diagrams, and blue prints.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. "IND1P" #CB1 #ZR #LI-TM1
Back to top