Sr. Maintenance Specialist - Electrician
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging.
Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.pactiv.com
The Sr Maintenance Specialist is responsible for performing scheduled maintenance and equipment repairs based on scheduled PM work, assigned Tier1 requirements, or through departmental interaction with manufacturing, scheduling, and/or engineering. Through Leadership Excellence and team building with hands-on experience, the Sr. Maintenance Specialist will instruct and assist with the management of Work Orders to perform duties including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic trouble-shooting and repair of all production equipment, utilities, and facility related requirements.
- Perform work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out, tag-out.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical/electrical devices and apparatus, with advanced skills in repairing same.
- Repair major/minor electrical equipment including: 480V 3-phase, motor installation, starter circuits, VFD, photo-optic sensing, proximity switches, ground fault detection in accordance with Pactiv Electrical Safety Program.
- Utilize precision measuring devices for motor alignment, testing instruments (ammeter, ohmmeter, volt meter, meg, etc.)
- Read and interpret mechanical prints, wiring schematics and technical data required to support equipment repairs.
- Repair or replace parts requiring minor machine work or welding.
- Perform other related duties including equipment tooling and change-overs.
- Communicate equipment issues to shift supervisor, team leaders and maintenance management team.
- Minimum 5 years industrial maintenance experience, with emphasis on electrical systems.
- High degree mechanical/electrical aptitude, with ability to troubleshoot/repair electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Two-year electrical degree or equivalent 5 years electrical maintenance of industrial systems and automated technologies.
- Basic computer skills, PLC knowledge required.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little supervision.
Back to top