Sr. Maintenance Specialist
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sr. Maintenance Specialist is responsible for determining when and what kind of machine maintenance is required and oversees all Maintenance Specialist as assigned to his or her team. The Sr Maintenance Specialist is responsible for performing scheduled maintenance and equipment repairs based on scheduled PM work, assigned Tier1 requirements, or through departmental interaction with manufacturing, scheduling, and/or engineering. The position reports directly into the engineering department and indirectly works as a peer to the Team Leads and Area Supervisors. Through Leadership Excellence and team building with hands-on experience, the Sr. Maintenance Specialist will instruct and assist with the management of Work Orders to perform duties including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic trouble-shooting and repair of all production equipment, utilities, and facility related requirements.
This role oversees all production equipment with essential duties that include:
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
- Instruct supervised employees in safety, company policies, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical devices and apparatus with advanced skills in repairing mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic equipment.
- Capable of performing and managing the repair of all major and minor electrical equipment, including 480V 3-phase motor installation, motor starter circuit’s, VFD drives, photo-optic sensing devices, proximity switches, E-Stop circuitry, and ground fault detection in accordance to the guidelines established by Pactiv’s “Electrical Safety Program”
- Utilize precision measuring devices for proper motor alignment, testing instruments (ammeter, ohmmeter, Volt meter, Meg testing, etc.) for electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Read and understand mechanical prints, wiring schematics, and technical data required to support equipment repairs.
- Manage the repair or replacement of parts that require minor machine work or welding when needed.
- Perform other related duties that contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by Shift Supervisor or Department Manager, including and not limited to equipment tooling and “change-over’s”, when needed.
- Communicate problems encountered throughout the shift and report carry-over items at tier 1 meeting.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years industrial maintenance experience with emphasis on Electrical systems.
- High degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Two-year Electrical degree or equivalent 5 year Electrical maintenance experience with strong electrical/mechanical knowledge of industrial systems and automated technologies required.
- Experienced manager or area team lead desired.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to perform simple calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and apply good mathematical reasoning.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively, while managing small work group.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #ZR
Back to top