Sr. Maintenance Specialist
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
This position supports the Plant Thermoforming Engineer in accomplishing the overall team’s mission. Perform various activities on equipment and machines including reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work; start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems; inspect or test damaged machine parts, and mark defective areas or advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance;
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair using hand tools.
- Must be able to Fabricate, weld, and operate machining equipment.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- mechanical troubleshooting and repair and training to achieve or exceed the following goals:
- productivity, operations, safety, quality, and team effectiveness.
- Responsibilities cover all manufacturing equipment and related equipment maintenance.
- The position will be required to work some overtime and weekends for emergency repairs as requested.
- The job responsibilities in this posting are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Must be a current Maintenance Associate
- Must be able to demonstrate a understanding of plant/team operations
- Must have at least 5 years machining experience
- Must have at least 5 years welding experience
- Must have at least 1 year fabrication experience
- Possess a positive professional attitude.
- Knowledgeable of understanding the Thermoforming process and capable of setting up new processes
- Knowledgeable about Rennco packaging equipment, including troubleshooting & repair
- Must be able to perform mold changes & packaging equipment set-up
- Must be able to learn and demonstrate a thorough understanding of business computer applications
- Must be able to demonstrate the manufacturing process troubleshooting skills & process awareness in current position, including appropriate operation changes to sustain quality product problem solving.
- Must be self-motivated and able to provide technical support for manufacturing 1 and 2 team assignments.
- Must be capable of mechanical troubleshooting, some electrical troubleshooting, and general equipment repair.
- This person will be required to be on call and cover for other team members during absences, vacations, and other periods of leave.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the job: pushing/pulling at waist level, overhead force up to 95 pounds & frequently carrying/pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds
- Must be a demonstrated team player and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- No Step 2 corrective actions within the last six months (internal).
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. 'IND1P' #ZR
Back to top