Sr. Engineer - Plastic Cups
Sr. Engineer – Plastic Cups
Supervise and be an individual contributor as needed for Pactiv’s Plastic Cup process engineering needs. This includes development and coordination of best practice and manufacturing standardization.
This position is based in Corsicana, TX.
Relocation assistance is available
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Lead Engineering support for Corsicana Plastic Cups expansion to include Plastic extrusion, plastic cup forming and cup printing.
- Establishes, coordinates and directs Plastic cup production and printing process-improvement initiatives involving new methods, equipment and materials. Defines specification standards accordingly. (20%)
- Monitors equipment condition to maintain necessary performance levels with the plant teams. Directs and coordinates predictive and preventive maintenance Check & Adjust with the plant engineers and tech managers. (15%)
- Provides technical operations support for cup and printing manufacturing problems. Develops and leads process-improvement initiatives to address specific issues as they arise. (20%)
- Develops OEE and Quality improvement plans with the plant Cup and Printing teams to meet Pactiv targets. Serves as the central conduit for associated information designed to improve quality and productivity. (20%)
- Supports materials innovation and savings via internal and external resources in substitution, alternative coatings and processing. Collaborates with Design and Manufacturing to drive engineered scrap and productivity opportunities. (5%)
- Coordinates and delivers training methods and capabilities including machinery, process, technique, safety, quality and productivity training. Provides “OJT” for tools, techniques and methods as necessary. (15%)
- Monitors the new and used equipment markets to maintain and research innovations and opportunities with vendors, equipment manufacturers, suppliers, and technical and trade associations. (5%)
- Bachelor’s in Engineering – Strongly preferred
- 8+ years of plant experience in technical and management roles - well versed in all facets of plant operations and maintenance with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Desired: Technical experience to include successful process support and working/hands-on knowledge of plastic cup printing and forming
- Required: Technical experience to include process support and working/hands-on knowledge of plastic extrusion and thermoforming at large scale
- Demonstrated collaborative ability in dynamic organizational environments.
- ACAD proficiency a plus.
- Strong analytical skills using standard software packages such as Excel and maintenance work order systems to identify opportunities and validate holding improvement gains.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1 ”IND1P”
Back to top