Sr. Electrical Maintenance Specialist
The position is responsible for all machine maintenance as needed, including preventative maintenance, tier 1 repairs of production equipment, utilities, and facilities including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic trouble-shooting and repair. Strong manufacturing background with demonstrated mechanical aptitude and process troubleshooting skills required, “qualified” electrical skills are desired.
This role oversees all production equipment with essential duties that include:
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Communicate problems encountered throughout the shift and report carry-over items at tier 1 meeting.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job, including fork truck, man-lifts, and elevated work.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Technical Engineering team
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical devices and apparatus with advanced skills in repairing mechanical equipment.
- Examine mechanical equipment to diagnose problems. Disassemble, repair/replace and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment including such devises as motors, conveyors, pumps, belts, chains, etc.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust equipment when needed.
- Read mechanical prints and technical data during the installation and repair of equipment. In addition, the ability read and interpret PI&D drawings is a plus.
- Repair parts that require minor machine work or welding when needed.
- Use precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools, and testing instruments.
- Inspect all completed work and notify personal when job is complete.
- Tasked with performing or assisting with all major and minor electrical repairs including 480V 3-phase motor repairs/installation, motor starter circuit repairs, VFD drives, photo-optic sensing devices, proximity switches, E-Stop circuitry, and ground fault detection in accordance to the guidelines established by Pactiv’s “Electrical Safety Program”
- Utilize precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing instruments (ammeter, ohmmeter, testing lamp, megger, etc.) for electrical equipment.
- Inspects and test electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
- Isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment. Replace faulty switches, sockets, and other hardware related devices.
- Service or replace faulty transformers, service on/off LOTO’s, switches, and breakers.
- Install light fixtures, replace ballast and bulbs
- Insure electrical work conforms to OEM requirements and safety codes are met, including all proper fusing specifications.
- In addition, Maintenance Specialist “qualified” electrical skills will assist and provide electrical coverage during breaks and vacations.
- Qualified candidates’ require either a 2-year Industrial Electrical degree or equivalent 5 year Electrical maintenance experience with strong electrical/mechanical knowledge of industrial systems and automated technologies.
- High degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on electro-mechanical equipment.
- Able to operate forklift and high-lift equipment, welding experience desired.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to perform simple calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and apply good mathematical reasoning.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.pactiv.com
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #CB2 "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top