Sr. Electrical Maintenance Specialist
- Tinley Park, IL
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc
Starting wage up to $34.63 p/hour
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
The position is responsible for all machine maintenance as needed, including preventative maintenance, tier 1 repairs of production equipment, utilities, and facilities including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic trouble-shooting and repair. Strong manufacturing background with demonstrated mechanical aptitude and process troubleshooting skills required, “qualified” electrical skills are desired.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Communicate problems encountered throughout the shift and report carry-over items at tier 1 meeting.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job, including fork truck, man-lifts, and elevated work.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Technical Engineering team
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical devices and apparatus with advanced skills in repairing mechanical equipment.
- Examine mechanical equipment to diagnose problems. Disassemble, repair/replace and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment including such devises as motors, conveyors, pumps, belts, chains, etc.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust equipment when needed.
- Read mechanical prints and technical data during the installation and repair of equipment. In addition, the ability read and interpret PI&D drawings is a plus.
- Repair parts that require minor machine work or welding when needed.
- Use precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools, and testing instruments.
- Inspect all completed work and notify personal when job is complete.
- Tasked with performing or assisting with all major and minor electrical repairs including 480V 3-phase motor repairs/installation, motor starter circuit repairs, VFD drives, photo-optic sensing devices, proximity switches, E-Stop circuitry, and ground fault detection in accordance to the guidelines established by Pactiv’s “Electrical Safety Program”
- Utilize precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing instruments (ammeter, ohmmeter, testing lamp, megger, etc.) for electrical equipment.
- Inspects and test electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
- Isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment. Replace faulty switches, sockets, and other hardware related devices.
- Service or replace faulty transformers, service on/off LOTO’s, switches, and breakers.
- Install light fixtures, replace ballast and bulbs
- Insure electrical work conforms to OEM requirements and safety codes are met, including all proper fusing specifications.
- In addition, Maintenance Specialist “qualified” electrical skills will assist and provide electrical coverage during breaks and vacations.
- Qualified candidates’ require either a 2-year Industrial Electrical degree or equivalent 5 year
- Electrical maintenance experience with strong electrical/mechanical knowledge of industrial systems and automated technologies.
- High degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on electro-mechanical equipment.
- Able to operate forklift and high-lift equipment, welding experience desired.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to perform simple calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and apply good mathematical reasoning.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. "IND1P" #CB1 #ZR
Back to top