Responsible for innovation and management of the digital manufacturing portfolio of processes and technology solutions. This position is part of Pactiv’s digital manufacturing transformation by implementing, supporting, and continuously optimizing digital manufacturing solutions to improve overall OEE and reduce cost. It will partner with the plants by providing services needed to conduct deployment assessments, surface innovation opportunities, and continuously innovate digital manufacturing capabilities.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Reporting to the Digital Manufacturing Group Lead, serve as the subject matter expert and owner of digital manufacturing solutions (including processes and technology)
- Work with Digital Manufacturing Group Lead, peers, and plant leaders to
- Identify innovation opportunities and develop use cases
- Gather and define technical and functional requirements
- Conduct solution fit-gap analyses as part of deployment assessment
- Develop hypotheses and conduct experiments
- Own the design, development, testing, and ongoing management of processes and technologies
- Manage technology ecosystem partners, e.g., PTC, OSI, etc.
- Manage developers, testers, and technical support resources
- Ensure the digital manufacturing solutions are aligned with
- enterprise and technology strategy to meet wider business needs
- Provide feedback and approval for change management documentation (training materials, job aids, etc.) and help lead Train-the-Trainer workshops
- This role is expected to travel extensively to the plants, Pactiv Corporate headquarter in Lake Forest, IL, and other work locations across the country as required. Travel could be up to 80% (depending on home location). More travel can be expected during critical project milestones.
- BS/MS – Engineering (Operations or Chemical) or MS Computer Engineering preferred
- 7 – 10 years of experience within a manufacturing environment
- 3 years of experience in leading the strategy, design, and implementation and analytics of IoT platform architecture
- 3 years of experience in ThingWorx development and testing
Key Past Experience
- Software development and testing experience
- Designing and implementing Industrial IoT architectures, especially in manufacturing environments – including managing team members like technical architects, developers, testers, analysts, etc. to deliver the project
- Understands data integration with ThingWorx, i.e., with data historians (e.g., OSI PI) and data acquisition (e.g., Kepware, National Instruments Insights CM)
- Delivering Agile projects (Scrum Master, DevOps certification/knowledge)
- Knowledge of user experience / user interface design (human-centered design)
Skills & Attributes:
- Adept at learning, implementing, and using technology (OT, Kepware, OSIsoft PI, ThingWorx, National Instruments, etc.)
- Agile expertise, i.e., Scrum Master certified preferred
- Understanding of process areas (leadership/supervision, process, maintenance), sensors, and UX design
- Understanding of data science, data historians, data acquisition
- Continuous process improvement skills
- Review and analyze emerging technology and apply to Pactiv’s processes
- Strong communication skills – with users, technical and functional teams, and senior management
- Team leadership and management skills, including contractors, vendors and offshore resources
- Curious, analytical, and adaptable to change
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1 ”IND1P”
Back to top