Shift Maintenance Mechanic
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Perform maintenance and basic electrical/mechanical repair on equipment associated with production lines, support equipment, buildings and facilities. Diagnose, repair or replace any defective components (electrical or mechanical) on plant equipment.
- Performing repair on electro-mechanical equipment, fixture and control equipment.
- Troubleshooting, repairing and programming of mechanical, electrical wiring and electronic controllers as needed
- Laying out proposed electrical installations from blueprints, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Measuring, cutting, threading, assembling and installing conduit to comply with National Electrical Code
- Repairing equipment to maximum efficiencies which meet or exceed productivity improvements and waste reduction requirements
- Performing all tasks within established safety procedures and maintaining cleanliness and conditions of tools used, manufacturing floor and productions line
- Continuously monitoring equipment and communicating to supervision all equipment problems and concerns
- Performing other duties as required
- Ability to read and interpret documents, i.e. safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, electrical schematics/one line diagrams.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to a journeyman in electrical trades with emphasis on industrial equipment troubleshooting or 4+ years Industrial/Mechanical experience with ability to complete required electrical training program in one year.
- Strong problem solving skills when dealing with concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Proficient in with math calculations including percentages, area, circumferences, volume, basic algebra and geometry.
- Strong manufacturing background, with good mechanical aptitude and process troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills are required to interact with Supervision and other Departments.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #CB1 "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top