SETUP TECHNICIAN 7AM-7PM
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Primary responsibility is to support the manufacturing group by seeing that thermoforming mold set-ups are completed on schedule and in a timely manner. Installation and removal of molds, minor, major repairs. Follow company policy and safety procedures. Additional responsibilities include: minor mechanical repairs of equipment, general housekeeping of the work area and equipment and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have an outstanding work record. Position requires a HS Diploma or GED and 2-3 years’ experience in 1 of the following: Auto mechanics, Auto body repair, Fabrication, Machine shop. Demonstrated problem solving and mechanical skills are also required. Ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally is required, as is the ability to perform basic mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Mill or metal lathe experience (operate and teach) helpful but not required.
- Must be able to satisfactorily learn all tool room functions, welding, machining, and thermoforming set- ups.
- Must be able to read rule, micrometer, and calipers
- Set-up and operate all tool room equipment.
- Ability to work from verbal instruction, sketches, or blue prints.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Train other department personnel of lower classifications on essentials of their jobs and provide the manager / group leader feedback on individual performance of individuals with whom the tool room mechanic trains.
- Recommend component upgrades that increase productivity or reduce overtime.
- Must be able to inspect operating equipment for obvious problems or potential failures and adjusting as needed.
- Must understand how to correctly fill out all related paperwork.
- Must do general housekeeping of manufacturing areas and equipment to ensure a safe, efficient and contamination free work area and equipment is maintained. This includes sweeping and mopping of the production area, wiping down the machines and removal and disposal of waste and rubbish.
- Must work closely with tool room mechanics to ensure that adequate supplies are “on-hand”.
- Must understand the difference between the various materials in the plant.
- Material Handling: Able to safely operate forklift, hand-jack, hydraulic crane and other powered
- Must be willing to work at anywhere within the plant and work overtime as needed.
- Must perform other tasks within the plant as assigned by the supervisor.
- Most routine tasks are performed while standing or walking or sitting.
- Reaching, handling, fingering, and feeling are constantly present while performing job duties.
- Frequently turning body from 0 to a maximum of 180 degrees.
- Good eyesight is essential for constant inspection of product. Seeing both near and far, color vision and depths of field are all required. Vision corrected with glasses or contact lenses is acceptable.
- Frequent walking is required. Distance can be over 500 feet.
- Frequent climbing stairs to our parts supplies.
- Occasional balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or talking may be required.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds is required.
- Pushing and pulling is occasionally required.
- Controls required include hands/arms (both) and feet/legs (both).
- Environment includes inside work 100%, teamwork 100%, can be near or close to others, The production floor can be in excess of 95 degrees during the summer months.
- Vibration can occasionally be present from product shakers or grinders.
- There is a mild plastic smell at all times. Occasional smell of battery fluid during battery changes on the lift.
- Personal Protective Equipment required includes safety glasses and gloves, hearing protection and proper footwear, hair nets are required out on production floor and warehouse.
Back to top