This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Summary: This role is responsible for providing leadership with safety and health programs that lead to injury prevention, compliance improvements, and enhanced employee engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate and lead employee led safety team projects and communicate project status and results to employees.
- Become a subject matter expert on the Behavioral Based Safety program. Drive the program at the plant by actively participating and training others.
- Assist with reporting near misses for the plant while coaching employees on how to identify hazards to reduce safety concerns.
- Attend Tier I and Tier II sessions and report out on significant safety issues/concerns that were raised.
- Perform monthly safety training at the plant and share trending safety issues that have come up throughout the month.
- Conduct safety training for the new hire orientation.
- Audit the on the job training records for employees and identify gaps.
- Complete the assigned safety compliance activities and close out those activities within gensuite.
- Populate Heath &Safety compliance file folder for assigned compliance tasks.
- Complete assigned injury prevention activities and follow up on safety events.
- Participate in new and altered equipment reviews and fatality risk assessments.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency with 2-4 years related experience.
- Passionate about injury prevention, compliance, and employee engagement.
- Solid knowledge of safety programs such as lockout/tagout, machine guarding, PPE, etc.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated team building, motivational, and leadership abilities.
- Basic knowledge of thermoforming processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #ZR "IND1P”
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top