At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Summary: This role is responsible for providing leadership with safety and health programs that lead to injury prevention, compliance improvements, and enhanced employee engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct safety training (weekly, refresher, initial, etc.) for peers, new hires, and vendors.
- Coordinate with others the execution of equipment improvement projects such as machine guarding.
- Actively participant on all location employee led team projects.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on Behavior-Based Safety (BBS) and train coworkers on the BBS Program.
- Audit on-the-job training (OJT) for gaps and help correct deficiencies.
- Participate in Tier I and Tier II sessions with responsibilities for safety board updates and safety-related follow-ups.
- Train leaders and peers on one-on-one engagements and near miss reporting programs.
- Analyze data to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- Fulfill assigned standard work activities.
- Complete assigned safety compliance activities.
- Populate H&S compliance file folders for assigned compliance tasks.
- Complete assigned injury prevention activities.
- Conduct job safety planning with maintenance, engineering, and contractors.
- Participate in new and altered equipment reviews and fatality risk assessments.
- High school diploma or equivalency with 1-3 years related experience.
- Passionate about injury prevention, compliance, and employee engagement.
- Solid knowledge of safety programs such as lockout/tagout, machine guarding, PPE, etc.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated team building, motivational, and leadership abilities.
- Basic knowledge of thermoforming and extrusion processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847) 482-4320 or email [email protected] Please clearly indicate that you need assistance.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top