This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
- Active participant on all location employee led team projects. Communicate team projects to peers and location leaders.
- Serve as the location Subject Matter Expert on Behavior Based Safety (BBS) and train co-workers on the BBS Program.
- Conduct (when appropriate) Safety Training (Monthly, Refresher, Initial, etc.) for peers, new hires, visitors, and vendors.
- Audit On-The-Job Training for gaps. Identify and help correct gaps identified in the On-The-Job Training programs.
- Participate in Tier I and Tier II Sessions. The Safety Coordinator will have responsibilities for safety board updates and safety related follow-ups identified during the sessions.
- Train leaders and peers on the 1 on 1 Engagements and Near Miss Reporting Programs. Analyze data generated by existing programs to identify trends and improvement opportunities. Follow-up on Safety Flashes/Alerts from other locations. Honor the site specific standard work activities assigned to the Site Safety Coordinator.
- Continuous Improvement:
Active participant Pactiv Business System.
- Analyze production data and develop daily management tools. Key participant in employee improvement teams such as Kaizen, 5 why, training, etc.
- Passionate about safety and continuous improvement as it relates to employee engagements, compliance, injury prevention and operational improvement.
- Baseline knowledge of programs such as Lockout Tagout, PPE, Machine Guarding, Forklift Safety, Behavior Based Safety, 1 on 1 Engagements, Employee Led Teams, etc.
- Baseline knowledge of Lean manufacturing concepts such as Kaizen, brainstorming, team concepts, etc. Basic Microsoft skills (outlook, power point, word, etc.).
- Competent in the use of a calculator and ruler/tape measure.
- Proficient in the English Language (read, write, talk).
- Capable of communicating in front of large groups and interacting with peers and site leaders.
- Reliable/Dependable as it relates to completing work assignments.
- Accomplished in coaching peers. Willingness to coach leaders.
- Experience working in an industrial/manufacturing/warehouse environment.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top