RPS - Rapid Problem Solver
- Bourbonnais, IL
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The RPS provides technical support to the extrusion department by providing operator training and assistance in monitoring quality control and production output rate.
- Assists extrusion department with troubleshooting repairs and maintenance of equipment and assisting personnel in daily operations.
- Trains operators to repair and operate extrusion equipment.
- Follows Leader Standard Work
- Monitors quality control to ensure adherence to standards.
- Responsible for competence and skill level of extrusion operators on their shift.
- Provides training as required.
- Performs training and documentation through sign-off.
- Works with the maintenance department to resolve equipment problems. Reports detailed information to the maintenance department on supplier equipment.
- Serves as primary back-up to shift Team Lead when necessary.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and accurately with other departments.
- Good problem solving skills. Ability to work with other employees to resolve problems regarding product/process quality issues.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or as called upon up to and including running an extrusion line, as directed by the shift Team Leader.
- By personal example, communicates and demonstrates to employees the importance of working safely on a daily basis.
- Complete end of shift production reporting in SAP & Excel.
- Attends and actively participates in safety meetings and safety programs.
- Be knowledgeable of all company rules and regulations, and enforces them as applicable.
- Promote & participate in adherence to 5S and Lean Manufacturing initiatives (PBS).
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years experience as an operator.
- Extrusion operator training and on the job experience as an extrusion technician.
- Knowledge of safety programs (I.e. Confined Space, LOTO, Machine Guarding, Mobile Equipment, etc.).
- Working knowledge of all aspects of extrusion process.
- Knowledge of SAP, MS Office
- Intermediate arithmetic skills
- Ability to read and write
- Positive Attitude
- Oral communication with all levels of employees.
- Ability to communicate in written form by email and reports
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top