RPS - Rapid Problem Solver
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The RPS provides technical support to the extrusion department by providing operator training and assistance in monitoring quality control and production output rate.
- Assists extrusion department with troubleshooting repairs and maintenance of equipment and assisting personnel in daily operations.
- Trains operators to repair and operate extrusion equipment.
- Follows Leader Standard Work
- Monitors quality control to ensure adherence to standards.
- Responsible for competence and skill level of extrusion operators on their shift.
- Provides training as required.
- Performs training and documentation through sign-off.
- Works with the maintenance department to resolve equipment problems. Reports detailed information to the maintenance department on supplier equipment.
- Serves as primary back-up to shift Team Lead when necessary.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and accurately with other departments.
- Good problem solving skills. Ability to work with other employees to resolve problems regarding product/process quality issues.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or as called upon up to and including running an extrusion line, as directed by the shift Team Leader.
- By personal example, communicates and demonstrates to employees the importance of working safely on a daily basis.
- Complete end of shift production reporting in SAP & Excel.
- Attends and actively participates in safety meetings and safety programs.
- Be knowledgeable of all company rules and regulations, and enforces them as applicable.
- Promote & participate in adherence to 5S and Lean Manufacturing initiatives (PBS).
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years experience as an operator.
- Extrusion operator training and on the job experience as an extrusion technician.
- Knowledge of safety programs (I.e. Confined Space, LOTO, Machine Guarding, Mobile Equipment, etc.).
- Working knowledge of all aspects of extrusion process.
- Knowledge of SAP, MS Office
- Intermediate arithmetic skills
- Ability to read and write
- Positive Attitude
- Oral communication with all levels of employees.
- Ability to communicate in written form by email and reports
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #CB1
Back to top