This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Consistently operates one or more machines at or above standard levels considering waste, efficiency and utilization.
- Troubleshoot causes of machine malfunctions. Make appropriate adjustments or repairs to ensure that the quality of the cartons meeting specifications and that the machines operate properly.
- Conducts quality checks at regular intervals. Takes corrective action to fix defects identified.
- Performs minor repairs during production.
- Performs simple make readies and changeovers.
- Performs daily machine maintenance.
- Performs weekly machine maintenance.
- Communicates with the operator from the previous and following shifts to review any problems experienced on the machines throughout the department.
- Communicates with supervisor to determine priorities for the day and identify any change overs or other special directions related to the department.
- Communicates production information to crew members.
- Performs purge procedures when changing to a new product and completes the required checklists.
- Covers breaks for feeders and catcher/packers.
- Insures that corrugated, trays and other supplies are available for catcher/packers.
- Completes appropriate end of shift paperwork, accounting for crewing time, machine time, and production quantities.
- Read and understands job sheets. Uses information to ensure machine is set up and production is run according to specification.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
Union: United Steel Workers Union Local 940
- Union dues after 30th working day are based on a percentage of pay; initiation fee after 90 days-$50.00.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older; criminal background checks and drug screening required.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!