- Macon, GA
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Responsible for performing all job duties at the Hotpress, Floatline, Printer, and Wrapper to produce molded fiber egg cartons to customer specifications. Maintains excellent safety and housekeeping standards, and verifies quality at each assigned workstation. Completes all applicable paperwork for assigned line. Makes line adjustments as needed.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows all documented safety, quality, and production procedures for each position to include all JSAs for the Hotpress, Floatline, Printer and Wrapper.
- Verifies two consecutive cartons per required criteria for the position, to look for: under/over bite; wide/pinched sides; cut outs/malformations; stiff flap/hinges; scuffing; dirty molds; lock button formation; excessive flashing/fuzz (edge, lock holes, windows); denesting lug formation; scorch; tint verification; smoothness of lid; score marks present; print (matches visual), UPC label application, bundle label accuracy; proper stacking of product on pallets, carton weight; and general carton aesthetics.
- Hand feeds cartons into the line to increase productivity and/or decrease broke.
- Demonstrates proper use of tools (dowel rods, picks, and brushes).
- Ensures excellent housekeeping standards to maintain a safe work area.
- Ensures a smooth transition at shift change.
- Immediately addresses safety issues or hazards.
- Follows established break schedule.
- Must be able to work a rotating 12-hour schedule.
- Works overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years experience in the Dry End of the Macon Facility. Certified to operate two of the three Dryline positions. Ability to complete production paperwork.
- Two years of experience in a manufacturing environment; including successful completion of jobs or similar activities requiring control of a mechanical process and inspection of product to meet quality standards.
- Demonstrated self-compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work safely and to communicate with others in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability sufficient to determine product quality, for example, carton malformations, color verification, and structural integrity.
- Demonstrated hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for product handling.
- Ability to work in an industrial environment with rotating shifts.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Back to top