Regional CI Manager
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position will lead the development and implementation of a long term strategic plan to involve every plant leadership team and employee in the pursuit of a lean manufacturing environment that lowers production costs. This role will support all Foodservice Plants. This role will involve 60%+ travel depending on the home base of the candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops Business Unit CI Implementation Strategy
• Deploy and maintain a BUs CI systems
• Regularly collect, analyze, summarize and report on process quality to all levels of the organization
• Manages CI resources to deliver year over year cost savings
• Facilitates kaizen events to eliminate waste
• Implements cost saving projects utilizing both Lean and 6 Sigma methodologies
• Implements common corporate CI systems (5S, Standard Work, Daily Mgmt, Layered Audit Process, and Business Plan Deployment)
• Demonstrated ability to lead kaizen improvement events.
• Demonstrated ability to complete cost savings projects.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization.
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams to implement cost savings programs across plant.
• Strong analytical skills using tools such as statistics, downtime tracking, mechanical history, project planning to identify opportunity areas.
• Creative problem solving and innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
• Microsoft Office skills such as PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Word.
• Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex production processes and work with others to identify opportunities via data.
• Ability to teach/coach CI concepts throughout the plant
•BA/BS degree in Engineering preferred
•Masters degree preferred
• 7+ years of lean experience in a complex world class manufacturing environment.
• Past experience in leading kaizen workshops in the areas of: 5S, standard work, visual management, daily management, SMED and TPM.
• 6 Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
• Food manufacturing experience preferred • Maintenance/manufacturing/engineering/QA/QS experience preferred
• Has worked in a lean manufacturing environment.
• Solid systems understanding and ability to identify improvements needed.
• Hands on style and solid communication ability.
• Able to effectively interface within all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work with minimal direct supervision, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top