This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Job Title: Receiver Specialist
Reports To: Materials Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Summary: Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments; unloads and receives shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bill of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Prepares bills of lading.
- Load/Unload product onto trailers.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and notifies management of any action items.
- Stages received goods in appropriate plant locations.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates fork lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey or hoist shipments from shipping/receiving area to storage or work area.
- Updates order entry system (SAP). Maintains receiving files.
- Maintains accurate inventory at warehouse.
- Cross-train to work production lines as an LTO when needed.
- Participate appropriately in all company initiatives including promoting a safe work environment and supporting 5S activities.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: HS diploma or equivalent or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to read and write English.
Language Skills: English; Spanish helpful
Mathematical Skills: Must be able to perform basic to intermediate math (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
Other Skills: Must be computer literate. Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, bills of lading, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Must be able to write or type routine correspondence and reports. Must be able to maintain an organized work environment. Fork Lift Certification needed and must be certified on our equipment. Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential.
Physical Demands: Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, squatting, twisting, climbing, lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, carrying, and reaching.
Work Environment: Work is performed in a manufacturing and warehousing environment. Exposure to temperature change, dust and fumes.At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, unfavorable military discharge, or any other legally protected status. "IND1P" #ZR
Back to top