- Charlottesville, VA
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Develop, deploy and maintain the plant's quality and continuous improvement systems.
- Regularly collect, analyze, summarize and report process quality information to all levels in the organization.
- Develop, implement quality policies, procedures.
- Plan, evaluate, and implement product specifications, test procedures.
- Identify, recommend, acquire, coordinate repairs, preventative maintenance, and calibration of testing equipment.
- Work closely with R&D. Provide technical support, expertise in statistical methods, DOE & continuous process improvements to plant population.
- Manage data gathering software, including procurement, installation, programming & end-user training.
- Provide analysis of data. Support cost reduction & process improvement projects.
- Coordinate and champion the plant in obtaining and sustaining the BRC & ISO certification, as well as other external customer certifications and inspections.
- Provide analytic support & coordinate the efforts involved in resolving quality issues in regards to product failures and/or returns.
- Act as a plant point of contact in regards to product quality for customer service, sales & marketing.
- Provide support to multiple facilities.
- GMP and/or SPC is a plus.
- Polymer chemical knowledge and/or CI is preferred.
- BS/BA degree in Business or Technical Discipline and 3-5 years of quality management experience or process engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Food Service industry quality auditing preferred.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer/Professional Quality/Statistical Application certification preferred.
- Microsoft Office, Statistical Software & some programming experience.
- Statistical methods & process improvement techniques. Superior mathematical & statistical ability.
- Knowledge of manufacturing lab practices & test procedure.
- Continuing education: quality, statistical applications, business communication with a minimum of 1 seminar or course every other year.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including off-shift coverage & some weekends.
- Some travel required.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. #LI-TM1 ”IND1P” #CB1
Back to top