This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
The Hourly Team Leader will guide the overall team’s mission in productivity, safety, quality, operations, continuous improvement, and team effectiveness. This position will be required to work overtime.
Position Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Ensures that lines are running well, following line conditions, standard operating procedures, proper settings, etc.
- Monitors scrap generation and line downtime and line efficiency.
- Resolves non-poly issues with the warehouse and PIC.
- Ensures Bill of Material compliance.
- Ensures troubleshooting process is consistently followed and monitors on-going repairs. Supports preventative maintenance.
- Enforces safety rules, GMP and the use of proper PPE.
- Helps to collect information regarding investigations on safety incidents (Accidents, Fires, Spills, Near Misses) and notifies management of all safety incidents.
- Coordinates training for new employees and cross-training personnel.
- Verifies quality checks are completed by operators as required.
- Assigns housekeeping duties to all operators.
- Report personnel issues; help with documenting all issues, and assist with conflicts between employees. Recommends necessary disciplinary actions to Production Supervisor.
- Handles operator performance issues, counseling employees as needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Prior PC skills and leadership experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of employees within the organization. Ability to work with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to provide effective formal/informal coaching & training.
- Ability to set priorities and cope with several problems simultaneously.
- 1 or more years work experience in manufacturing production within plant or a related field preferred.
- Familiar with current plant work process flow
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!