Production Team Lead
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Production Team Lead will coordinate, direct and assist the Leads consistent with company standards. This position will provide assistance and direction to ensure that the scheduled lines are running as safely and efficiently as possible using EHS Policies and tools.
The position reports to the Production Supervisor.
The essential duties shall be as follows:
- Work closely with Production Supervisor to develop, implement, and audit, strategic production improvements.
- Ensure employees are using the safest methods and following all EHS Rules and Procedures
- Maintain BRC Procedures on the Shop Floor
- Maintain housekeeping
- Determine the training needs of Leads with a goal to direct and assist each employee
- Train when qualified to train
- Monitor employee completion of Pay For Skills packets
- Resolve and document training/performance/attendance issues and needs, and provide to the Maintenance Manager
- Assist the Lead and assign necessary resources for problem solving
- Track overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and assist in Kaizens to eliminate waste and downtime
- Use the A3 as the problem solving and improvement tool in Production
- Maintain 5S on the Shop Floor
- Suggest and/or implement improvements for safety and to eliminate waste in the operation
- Maintain visual tools to show the following:
- Production Goals and current condition
- Visual tools to show current condition of lines
- Print Shop Orders
- Coordinate setups with Set-Up Mechanics and Maintenance
- Assist in training RPS (rapid problem solvers) to prepare for and assist with setups
- Complete required Human Resources paperwork (Time Off Forms) in a timely manner
- Support Human Resources function by determining appropriate staffing levels, completing Internal Application/Promotion process or external staffing to fill open positions
- Keep employees informed of company and job-related information
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned and participate in Kaizen problem-solving events in the Cell
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESSupervises production employees. Responsible for promoting, compensating, training, budgeting, corrective action, scheduling, directing, terminating, developing and measuring performance.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or equivalent education
2 years of Trade School preferred
2 years of supervisory or lead experience in a manufacturing environment
Must be a demonstrated team player
Effective communication skills
Computer skills in MS Office and SAP
Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity and frequent periods of physical activity including walking, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, climbing steps, etc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #ZR #CB1 "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top