Production Supervisor 7 PM to 7 AM
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Under the direction of the Production Manager, is responsible for directing and supervising plant printing operations for the assigned shift. Responsible for achieving and maintain the lowest possible costs of printing operations and optimum profit levels consistent with customer requirements, with company policies, with effective employee relations including safety, and with all applicable governmental regulations.
- Directs and maintains daily press operations for an assigned shift to assure maximum efficiency and maintenance of necessary quality and inventory levels, consistent with customer requirements and production schedules.
- Reviews daily printing schedules and approves equipment set-ups, speeds and scheduling required to produce orders and satisfy S-order and off-line cutting requirements; assigns sufficient manpower to work stations.
- Typically supervises 70+ employees.
- Coordinate with Scheduler to ensure daily production requirements are achieved.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring & training employees; planning, assigning & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis.
- Support & improve upon quality initiatives designed to meet plant goals.
- Ensures safety programs are implemented effectively, reviewed regularly and revised as necessary.
- High school diploma required, BA/BS preferred (business, engineering) with 4+ years of manufacturing experience. .
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Good verbal & interpersonal communication skills; ability to work well in group situations; ability to deal effectively with conflict in mature & consistent manner.
- Good computer skills.
- SAP experience preferred.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Back to top